If Blinkist audio keeps stopping on your Android device, this is most likely due to Android battery optimisation policies. While battery optimisation helps you save battery power on your device, it can also interfere with the functionality of some apps running in the background.
To make sure you can listen to our Blinks and Shortcasts with no interruption, you'll need to give unrestricted battery usage to Blinkist. Here's how:
Disable Battery Optimization from Blinkist App
- Make sure you downloaded Blinkist app version 10.0.4 or higher.
- Open the app.
- Navigate to your Settings.
- If the Battery Settings section is displayed, tap on it.
- Tap on the Unrestricted toggle and follow the instruction that will appear to disable background optimisation for the Blinkist app.
- Close and relaunch the app.
Add Blinkist to your "Never Sleeping Apps".
- Go to your device's Settings and tap on Battery and Device Care.
- Tap on Battery.
- Tap on Background Usage Limits.
- Check if the Blinkist app is appearing under the “Sleeping apps“ or the “Deep Sleeping apps" categories.
If you do find it under one of these categories, tap on the three-dot icon at the top of the screen in the relevant category and tap on Remove.
Select Blinkist from the list of apps appearing in that category and tap again on Remove.
- To prevent Blinkist from appearing in the "Sleeping" or "Deep Sleeping" categories, you can add it to the “Never Sleeping Apps” category: tap on "Never Sleeping Apps" and tap on the "+" icon.
Finally, select the Blinkist app from the list of apps and tap on "Add".
Grant unrestricted Battery usage to the Blinkist app.
- Long tap on the Blinkist app icon, until the pop-up appears. Tap on the info icon.
- Tap on Battery.
- Make sure the "Unrestricted" option is selected for Blinkist.
Please note: we're unable to test these settings with every device, so we encourage you to try to find similar settings on your own phone: you can find some additional information on the relevant settings for other devices via https://dontkillmyapp.com/.
If none of these helped, please let us know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to look further into it for you.