Spaces is the first way for Blinkist users to interact with each other on our platform, so you can spark even more understanding with a broad range of viewpoints from not just our diverse content but also other users. To ensure you have the best experience interacting with each other and discussing ideas we ask you to be respectful to others and abide by the following guidelines, and to always obey the law.
We use a mixture of automated and manual review processes to enforce these guidelines, and aim to be fair and objective so that everyone feels safe, heard, and valued, regardless of their background and identity.
We want to foster constructive, insightful, and inclusive sharing and discussions at Blinkist, and above all using respect as a core basis for how to interact with others. The best discussions come from diverse perspectives, but those discussions can only spark productive understanding if they’re also:
- Kind and welcoming
- Considerate of other users and their viewpoints/backgrounds/communication styles
- Appreciative of others sharing their opinions and ideas
- Using constructive language when disagreeing with/criticizing ideas and not attacking the other person
- Refraining from vulgar language or sexually explicit content
We do not tolerate any speech that promotes harmful or hateful ideas. This includes things such as:
- Clear threats or promotion of violence against others
- Harassment or abuse of individuals
- Organizing of illegal activities
- Dis- or misinformation that leads to harmful outcomes
- Clear promotion of hate against certain groups based on attributes such as religion, gender, ethnicity, race, cultural background, sexual orientation, age, physical abilities & appearance, body size, or based on any other ground
The sharing of external links that breach the above will also be considered in the same manner.
Privacy & identity
To create an authentic community within Spaces each user creates a profile that they use to interact others, which should:
- Represent their true selves and not pose as another individual or entity
- Use an appropriate username that abides by our community guidelines
On top of that, users should respect the privacy of individuals and not reveal to others personal information about Blinkist users or other individuals without their consent. This can include things like:
- Personal ID or passport information
- Contact information and addresses
- Online credentials
- Financial or medical history
When interacting with others, please be mindful of the frequency of your actions. Blinkist Spaces should be a place to have authentic sharing and discussions, and we may restrict spammy behavior like the following:
- Using automated scripts to interact frequently with others in a short amount of time
- Targeting a particular user with frequent unwanted communication
- Creating multiple accounts for the same user
- Generally spammy behavior.
Reporting & consequences
Our teams are constantly monitoring the behavior on our platforms through automated and manual processes, but we also ask you to tell us whenever you or any individual feels unsafe or is at risk due to activity in a Space.
- You can report any activity in a Space that violates our Community Guidelines by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered Blinkist email address.
- Once the issue is reviewed we may take actions against certain users such as removing from Space, blocking general usage of Spaces, or taking further actions.